• You are eligible for a non-refundable tax credit , meaning the amount of federal tax you owe will be reduced up to a maximum of $750.00
  • If you owned a home in the year of purchase or the proceeding 4 years you are not eligible

To claim tax credit simply enter the eligible amount into line 369, Schedule 1 of your Federal Tax Return

For further details refer to www.cra.gc.ca/hbtc